Free Machining

Years ago, shortly after I bought my Lisa, I attended my first sewing workshop - a free machining* workshop with a local textile artist who says that "the needle becomes the pencil".  This piqued my interest very much as in my other creative endeavors I am a watercolourist and oil painter.

So, I attended the two-day free machining workshop with much excitement - here was an opportunity to learn some new sewing skills and polish up my old ones. I had great fun and learned so many techniques, and while the fundamentals have remained with me, much has been forgotten...

A sample:

Freehand stitching, created cord, singed fabric.
* Free machining = freehand machine embroidery/free motion embroidery with no marking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Machine: 1960 Singer 320K-2 Electric #2

Found - Singer 320K-2 Electric #2